Being gorgeous, desirable, sexy - and naked

Are you one of those people who has always felt that in order to look sexy or be desired, you had to have your hair properly done, be shaved in all the right places and (depending on gender....) have to be wearing the right amount of aftershave or have a full face of make-up on?

Well, thankfully, as someone who has been comfortable as a naturist for my whole life, the above doesn't apply to me. But it does for too many people, especially young people. And I'm happy to say that a good friend of mine, Rebecca Lowrie of self-alchemy.com, addressed this in a recent social media post.

She said that she used to have that attitude. But after many years of learning to love and accept herself, she now knows differently. In her post, she included a picture of herself without make-up, with her hair up and the word SEXY on the wall behind her.

She encouraged her readers to look in a mirror, right now, as they were and say to themselves that they are gorgeous, sexy and desirable RIGHT NOW.

Of course, I would say that you do the above and look in a mirror, but do it without clothes on. I'm doing that while I write this blog post. I'm sitting at my computer nude and there is a large mirror to my left. Yes, at 54 I'm not cutting the same figure as I did at 24, but does it matter? In the last 30 years, I've been diagnosed with epilepsy, suffered a stroke which nearly killed me and been put on a medicine-cabinet-full of steroids, the most obvious side-effect of which has been weight-gain. Substantial weight-gain. At least 30lbs worth of weight-gain.

But does it matter? Not to me. The tablets are keeping me alive, Mrs NS and I are still comfortable being nude in each other's company (something which I hope will continue until the day we die), I'm still comfortable going to naturist events. I'm confident in myself and although my various disabilities (did I mention spina bifida and hydrocephalus?) do mark me out as 'different', does that matter?

I am what I am, this is the body I was born with, it's put up with a lot over the last 54 years and it's still going. Yes, it may not be able to do some of the sexual stuff it could do 30 years ago, but it's learnt new ways to produce enjoyment. And I'm proud of it, the tattoos it wears, the lumps and bumps and difficulties it deals with every day.

My body is me. I am my body. We're stuck with each other. We might have a lot more to go through before our time is up, but that's fine.

Mrs NS and I have a naked hug each morning to start the day. Having showered, we stand naked in our bedroom and hug for five minutes. We explore each other's lumps and bumps and appreciate the bodies that have got us this far in life. It's always an emotional and inspiring experience. I recommend you try it. I'm sure my friend Rebecca would agree.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking something up for Lent

Another step on our sexual journey